Year 2 and 3
Our Year 2 teacher is Mrs Ewing.
Our Year 2/3 teacher is Mr Moore on Monday and Tuesday and Miss Campbell Wednesday - Friday.
Our Year 3 teacher is Miss Overend
Topics studied during 2020/2021
Year 2: Fabulous Food, Winter Wonderland, The Farm, Castles, Pirates
Year 2/3: Under the Sea, In the Street, The Jungle, Famous Authors, Bugs and Life Cycles
Year 3: Fire, Weather, Teeth, Myths and Legends, Animals Around the World
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in Years 2/3 should have the following items in their pencil cases that will stay in school:
- 30cm ruler
- Colouring pencils
- Felt tips
- Hand sanitiser
- Homework diary signed (in Yr3 SO only), reading book and any other homework as directed
- Healthy break
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- In Year 2, all children go home at 2pm each day.
- In year 3 children will go home at 3pm on Mondays and Tuesdays. On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays their home time will be at 2pm.
- All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. You will be able to clearly see what homework your child has through their homework diary or their seesaw account.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Bottles must be washed at home and returned to school clean and full of water each day.
Year 2/3 teachers