Welcome to our
Year 4 and 5 page
Our Year 4 teacher is Miss Alexander.
Year 4/5 teachers are Mrs Hanna on Monday to Wednesday and Mr Moore Thursday and Friday. Our Year 5 teacher is Miss Kemps.
Topics studied during 2020/2021
Year 4: World War 2, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, London and Wonders of the World
Year 4/5: Ocean Life, Fairtrade, Tudors, Early Man and Energy and Recycling.
Year 5: Matilda, Winter, Mighty Me, Northern Ireland and Ancient Egypt.
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in Years 3 and 4 should have these essentials:
- 30cm ruler
- Homework diary (signed), reading book and any other homework
- Healthy break/packed lunch/dinner money (via ParentPay)
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- Year 4&5 children enter and leave school by their cloakroom doors.
- All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. Every child has a homework diary which will let you see clearly the homework your child has.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Cups are not advisable to prevent spillages and juice is only allowed at break and lunch.
Year 4/5 teachers
We are loving learning about WW2. These are the Anderson Shelters we made out of scrap materials! Don't they look awesome!
Year 4/5 enjoyed making submarine portholes for our classroom display
Painting our pebbles: Year 5 Lockdown Memories
Year 4/5 searched our classroom and found lots of right angles!