Welcome to our
Year 4 and 5 page
Our Year 4 teacher is Miss Alexander.
Year 4/5 teachers are Mrs Hanna on Monday to Wednesday and Mr Moore Thursday and Friday. Our Year 5 teacher is Miss Kemps.
Topics studied during 2020/2021
Year 4: World War 2, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, London and Wonders of the World
Year 4/5: Ocean Life, Fairtrade, Tudors, Early Man and Energy and Recycling.
Year 5: Matilda, Winter, Mighty Me, Northern Ireland and Ancient Egypt.
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in Years 3 and 4 should have these essentials:
- 30cm ruler
- Homework diary (signed), reading book and any other homework
- Healthy break/packed lunch/dinner money (via ParentPay)
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- Year 4&5 children enter and leave school by their cloakroom doors.
- All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. Every child has a homework diary which will let you see clearly the homework your child has.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Cups are not advisable to prevent spillages and juice is only allowed at break and lunch.
Year 4/5 teachers
We are loving learning about WW2. These are the Anderson Shelters we made out of scrap materials! Don't they look awesome!
Year 4/5 enjoyed making submarine portholes for our classroom display
Painting our pebbles: Year 5 Lockdown Memories
Year 4 were melting chocolate. It was fun and tasted good too!
We loved making Autumn pictures with leaves in Year 4.
Year 4/5 searched our classroom and found lots of right angles!
Well done to Eloise who walked 26.2 miles during lockdown. She is proudly showing her special award given to her by Miss Moorhouse.