Our Year 7 teachers are Mr Magee and Miss M Campbell
Topics for 2021/22:
The Romans, Sci-Fi, The Vikings, Sport, The Circus
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children should bring the following with them each day:
- Homework diary (signed), reading book and any other homework
- Healthy break/packed lunch/dinner money (via ParentPay)
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
Click the links below for information and key dates.
Homework is an important part of your child’s development and helps to reinforce the learning that has taken place during the school day. From Monday to Wednesday your child will receive reading, spellings and tables/mental maths. These are then revised on Thursday night in preparation for their weekly test. Along with this, your child will also receive a written homework on Monday – Thursday. This written work will cover aspects of literacy or numeracy covered in class during the day, or revisit learning that has already taken place in the earlier part of the week.
How can I help my child with homework?
Helping your child with their homework is a valued experience in their learning as it will help motivate and encourage them to continue to work at their best. There are a number of ways that this can be done; here are some suggestions:
- Listen to them read / ask them some questions about their reading book
- Ask them their spellings/tables/mental maths
- Check that their homework is completed and signed
Take a look below to find out what is happening in our school!