Years 3 & 4
Our Year 3 teacher is Mr Rankin.
Our Year 3/4 teacher is Miss Overend
Our Year 4 teacher is Miss Alexander
Topics studied during 2021/2022
Year 3: Under the Sea, In the Street, The Jungle, Famous Authors, Bugs and Life Cycles
Year 3/4: Fire, Weather, Teeth, Myths and Legends, Animals Around the World
Year 4: WW2, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, London, Wonders of the World
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children in all year groups should have the following items in their pencil cases which will stay in school:
- 30cm ruler
- Colouring pencils
- Felt tips
- Hand sanitiser
- Homework diary, reading book and any other homework as directed. In year 3/4SO and Year 4CA homework should be signed by a parent/guardian
- Year 3LC have a homework bag which should be brought in every day
- Healthy break
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- In Year 3 children will go home at 3pm on Mondays and Tuesdays. On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays their home time will be at 2pm.
- Year 4 children go home at 3pm each day
- All items of clothing should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. You will be able to clearly see what homework your child has through their homework diary or their Seesaw account.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Bottles must be washed at home and returned to school clean and full of water each day.
Year 3/4 teachers
Scroll through our Twitter feed to find out what is happening in our school!