Years 5 & 6
Our Year 5 teachers are Mrs Hanna on Monday to Wednesday and Mr Moore Thursday and Friday.
Our Year 5/6 teacher is Miss Kemps.
Our Year 6 teacher is Mr Rankin.
Topics studied during 2021/2022
Year 5: Ocean Life, Fairtrade, Tudors, Early Man and Energy and Recycling.
Year 5/6: Matilda, Winter, Mighty Me, Northern Ireland and Ancient Egypt.
Year 6: Victorians, Forces, Solar System, Titanic and The Rainforest
What should your child have with them each day?
- It’s important that your child comes fully equipped to school and is ready for all of their school activities. Children should bring the following with them each day:
- Homework diary (signed), reading book and any other homework
- Healthy break/packed lunch/dinner money (via ParentPay)
- Any notes that have been sent home, returned and signed
- All children in years 5-6 enter and leave school by their cloakroom doors.
- All items of clothing and equipment should be clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- We see homework as an important part of your child’s development. Every child has a homework diary which will let you see clearly the homework your child has.
- Finally, please ensure that your child brings a bottle of water to school each day as learning is thirsty work. Cups are not advisable to prevent spillages and juice is only allowed at break and lunch.
Take a look below at what is happening in our school!